Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I dreamed of ecstasy

and I woke to this.

I had a really deep thought ready for today. I had it all planned out in my head, and now I can't find it. It's floating around somewhere between dreams and opinions. It will resurface again. When it does, I'll be sure to make a note of where I've hidden it. Until that happens it will remain nothing but a bit of seaweed in the aether of my subconscious. Too bad for you, I guess. Would you like another story today? I can probably come up with another. The first few were old. The last 2 or 3 I came up with off the top of my head. I did not edit them. I hope they are alright. I like this way better. It's good exercise for the imagination. Plus, as I go through the list of ideas, I'm forced to invent more. I'm enjoying it. I hope I'm not boring you. Then again, I wouldn't know. At this point, you are nothing but a page-view to me. Nothing but a nameless, faceless statistic. Maybe you'll say hi one day and quit being such a creeper. Maybe you won't. Maybe you just like secretly stalking me and my daily reflections. Maybe you're sitting the bushes outside of my window right now. Wave if you are, so I know where to throw this empty bottle.



In the sky there floated a speck of dust. A plain, old insignificant thing. It was no different than any other speck of dust that came before it, nor any future dust that will one day pollute the air and clog our sinuses. With no appendages or any other form of locomotion, the puny little fleck is doomed to go where the wind takes it. It has been taken across great distances on the wings of the wind. It has been swept under couches with the forceful shove of a broom. It has rested in the gutter with the stray dogs and drunken men. It has been atop mountains and lazily skipped lazily across great plains. He'd seen so many great things, and lived through the vast changes of the known world.

He'd seen so much that one day, he had a thought.
"These humans, why do they struggle so? Why do they tirelessly try and change the world to suit them? Why do they not instead relax, and let the world happen as it will? Why fight at all? I've never in my time have seen one single human, with all its efforts, change the way the world works.Nor have I heard of any great leader change the hearts and nature of mankind.A great many have tried and it has always been for naught. Mankind never learns; and mankind never learns that mankind never learns so the cycle continues endlessly. Why can't they see? They're just like me: a bit of nothing? An affect-less speck tossed around in the flow of circumstance. Nothing more. Why can't they see it and enjoy it for what it is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment