Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

People keep talking about the dangers of time travel

but you can really do no harm. Once you start playing with time, you open up everything to its effects. The thing is, whatever you do, whenever you do it, is already done. Even if you haven't done it yet.

I know it can seem complicated, but it isn't. What's done is done.

If I found blueprints for a time machine and built it, then went back and left those very same blueprints for me to find, there is in fact no paradox. The maths say there should be. Logic says there should be. But if I find blueprints I left for myself, then I did. Where did the specs come from? They came from me. I left them there for past me. Where did future me get them? I got them from myself in the past of course! It doesn't make sense if you look at it the wrong way. Remember: The universe is.

You can drive yourself mad trying to get a satisfying answer. I, on the other hand, am fine accepting what is. We exist. All time-manipulation that will be done and has been done. All side-effects from playing time lord are already present. They have always been. If I were to go back in time and change the future, I would only be changing it to what it was already going to be. So any change, no matter how drastic, is simply restoring things to the way they have always been. You essentially have changed nothing.

Before you decided to go back and fuck around, you already went back and fucked around which led to the present in which you are currently living. Otherwise, you would not be living in this present.

When you can control time, your thought patterns must also change. As we are, we accept that time is out of our control. Time to us, is a constant. (more or less) So it doesn't factor into our calculations as being anything but a constant. But if you can change a constant into a factor, worlds of possibilities suddenly become accessible. Think of it in simple terms of algebraic formulas.

You have at our present state of Time Slaves the equation of:    T(SxR) P )
                                                                                                            

T= Time

S= Senses
R= Reaction 
P= Passion

In this equation, Time is not a factor, it is a constant, a constant of 1. Which means Time doesn't necessarily have any real function here whatsoever. Time as 1 changes nothing and can be disregarded. This is how we commonly think. Time is unchangeable. We have 6 senses: taste, touch, hearing, sight, smell, and consciousness. We can have 3 reactions to these senses: positive, negative, or indifferent. And finally we can either derive pleasure from these or not. So if T=1, S=6, R=3, P=2 The solution as it stands cannot exceed 36. This means there are 36 possibilities for us at this very moment.


But if you add plasticity to Time, you can change that 1 into a 3. (past, present, and future) Thus allowing the number of possibilities to triple into 108. This means you would need to change your way of thinking to include the altered amount of possibilities. You would basically have to triple your brain's capacity and processing speed just to understand what the fuck was going on. And the possibilities would open up immediately. Imagine trying to triple your brain power in an instant. Not easy, huh? That's why time manipulation is so difficult to comprehend. You have to think in plethora of new ways.


So maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. Maybe I'm just making this all up. 

Maybe this really doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe I just chose these as arbitrary numbers.

Or maybe I didn't.


And this.






No comments:

Post a Comment